- We Respect Your Privacy
Priority Printing respects the privacy of all our customers and business contacts, and is committed to safeguarding the personal information which you provide us. Also, Priority Printing is subject to the requirements of the National Privacy Principles which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act).
- How is personal information collected?
Priority Printing is one of Australia’s most innovative print and print management companies working across a range of industries and providing customers with printing, graphics, design, merchandise, apparel and logistic support . In order to provide customers with a quality service, Priority Printing offers customers the ability to purchase these goods and services through the following sales channels:
- In-person sales, available via our corporate head office.
- Online sales, available through our website.
- Direct sales via telephone, email or facsimile booking forms.
These sales channels use different ways to collect personal information about Priority Printing customers. Generally, the personal information is collected directly from you at the time you make a purchase, when you register as a Priority Printing Client, through our website or when you have other dealings with us.
- What personal information does Priority Printing collect, and why?
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on your dealings with Priority Printing and the products, services and benefits we (or our agents, contractors and third parties) provide to you.
If you purchase goods and services from Priority Printing, we need to collect personal information about you. This information may include:
- name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- electronic addresses such as email;
- date of birth;
- transaction details relating to your use of our products and services; and
- any preferences you tell us about.
Generally, we collect and use personal information about customers to provide a range of products and services. The main reason we collect this information is so we can contact you in the case of a problem with your purchase, to notify you of any change to your order or other such occurrence. We may also need some of this information in order to process your payment (for example, if you pay by credit card online).
We may also collect personal information to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, such as providing you with information regarding our products and services more effectively.
Unless you tell us otherwise, Priority Printing may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. You can let us know about this at any time – all you need to do is contact Priority Printing if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (the contact details of our Privacy Officer are below). Please note that we may still need to use your personal information to provide you with the products you have requested as a customer.
- How is personal information used and disclosed?
Priority Printing may use and disclose your personal information for a variety of purposes in connection with providing you with a product of service. Priority Printing’s uses of your personal information may include:
- processing and administering your dealings with us as a customer;
- providing you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- as detailed above, contacting you in the case of a change to your order; and
- disclosure to and use by third party contractors and service providers to help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Priority Printing may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our computer systems, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals, such as “genres of likely interest”.
Priority Printing does not sell personal information without your consent, however Priority Printing may disclose your personal information in certain limited circumstances as follows:
- disclosure of your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. For example, Priority Printing’s contractors include companies that help Priority Printing to operate our computer systems, send out our mail/email, clean collected data and perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals, such as “genres of likely interest”.
- disclosure of your contact details to venues and promoters so that they can provide you with promotional material about upcoming events, unless you tell us otherwise.
- disclosure of your personal information to organisations related to Priority Printing such as other Priority Printing companies. This may, for example, help us ensure that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date and also better enable us to understand and meet your needs and interests.
- with your consent, disclosure of your contact details to venues, promoters and other Priority Printing group entities, so that they can provide you with special offers (refer below for further details)
Note that sometimes Priority Printing extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Priority Printing uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
- Security of personal information
Priority Printing protects the personal information it collects in a secure database. In storing your information we have taken a number of steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Data collected online is stored on a remote hard drive that is unreachable by the Internet. Priority Printing encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during Internet transactions and from customer access across networks. Priority Printing also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems. Priority Printing employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Priority Printing as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required to use logins and passwords when accessing Priority Printing systems.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it. We also impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they store and handle your personal information.
- Anonymous transactions
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, customers may transact with Priority Printing without providing personal information. Customers wishing to purchase without providing personal information can make a cash transaction at any of Priority Printing ‘s offices. However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change, for example.
- Non-customer information
Sometimes, Priority Printing needs to collect personal information about individuals who are not customers. This will usually arise where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Priority Printing ‘s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
- Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which Priority Printing holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you are an online customer, you are able to access or correct the personal information by logging onto our website (www.www.priorityprintingsolutions.com.au). If you are not an online customer, you may access the information that Priority Printing has collected about you by placing your request in writing and sending it to us using the contact details below. Please include your phone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport with your request. Priority Printing ‘s policy is to consider any requests for access or correction within 21 days of receipt.
- Transborder data flows
- Online privacy issues
Other matters specific to Priority Printing ‘s handling of personal information online are set out below.
- With your consent Priority Printing may pass your personal information on to venues and promoters of events to which you have purchased tickets, to keep you informed of future events. You will be asked at the time of booking if you would like to receive this information. You may change your preference at any time directly with the organisations (venues and promoters) which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details you may contact our Privacy Officer directly.
- Provision of online customer data to third parties (other than Priority Printing entities) If you consent to receiving Priority Printing special offers, Priority Printing may use your personal information to provide special offers from third parties with benefits (e.g. reward points). In these circumstances, Priority Printing may provide your data to a third party for the purpose of better understanding your needs and interests. Where special offers are sent to you, they will be sent by Priority Printing and may be co-branded with the third party. You may opt out from receiving Priority Printing special offers at any time by logging onto the Priority Printing website and up-dating your personal details.
- Provision of online customer data to other Priority Printing entities With your consent, Priority Printing may pass on your personal information to other entities owned fully or partially by Procole Pty Ltd, to provide you with Priority Printing special offers. The special offers provided by these entities may relate to Priority Printing services or products or third party services or products that provide Priority Printing entity benefits (e.g. Priority Printing Customer Reward Points). You may change your consent at any time either by logging onto the Priority Printing website or the website of the other relevant Priority Printing entities (for the special offers related to those Priority Printing entities). Note that where you have opted-in to receive Priority Printing special offers through a Priority Printing entity other than Priority Printing, then you must opt-out through that other entity. Further, opting-out of a Priority Printing special offers consent may take up to 5 business days to be communicated to and implemented by all relevant Priority Printing entities and will not override any other opt-ins you have selected with any specific Priority Printing entity.
- Third Party Advertisements Online To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, Priority Printing has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our website, advertisement server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
- Secure Online Transactions If you make a purchase through our website, we process your credit card details securely over the Internet using a duly accredited Internet payment security system. We take all measures to ensure that your credit card and anonymity are protected when you purchase online.
- Links to other websites and sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non- Priority Printing website, please understand that Priority Printing is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
- Additional privacy information and how to contact Priority Printing
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by facsimile on (03) 9706 5291
- by letter to Mr Terry Simpson, Privacy Officer, 40-42 Marni Street Dandenong Victoria 3175